MSSA Elite Class 2019
Apply Now! - Deadline April 12, 2019
The Mid-South Sign Association is accepting applications for the 2019 MSSA Elite Class. We are seeking talented, and motivated individuals with a deep desire for personal development and growth. Applicants should be committed to advancing their career as a leader in the sign industry.
The MSSA Elite Class is a leadership development program devoted to helping young leaders maximize their potential by learning advanced leadership and communication skills, as well as, serving as a primer for future leadership opportunities to serve on MSSA Committees and Board of Directors.
WHY SHOULD YOU APPLY?
- Begin a year-long course in Professional Development and Personal Growth.
- Learn how to become a better leader by understanding your strengths and weaknesses.
- Retrieve new ideas and learn a process to implement them.
- Opportunity to develop friendships with class participants.
- Work as a team with other Elite recipients on a task assigned by the MSSA Board of Directors.
- Free Registation:
- 2019 SignConnexion
- MSSA 2019 Elevate-Leadership Coaching Summit
- 2020 Idea Exchange Conference.
- Free Lodging Expense:
- 2019 SignConnexion, Ross Bridge Golf and Spa Resort, Birmingham, AL, Friday, July 26th
- MSSA 2019 Elevate Leadership Coaching Summit, November 4-5th
- 2020 Idea Exchange, Meridian, MS for February 19-21st
WHAT WILL YOU LEARN?
- History of the Sign Industry and the Importance of Sign Associations
- Policies and Procedures and Bylaws of The Mid-South Sign Association
- Structure and Purposes of MSSA Board of Directors, Committees, and Programs
- Effective Networking Skills for Social-Business Environments
- Leadership Principles and How to Aplly these to your Current Position
- Identify and Communicate Effectively with Different Personality Types
- Advanced Non-Verbal Communication Skills
- How to interact and Accomplish Goals as a Team
WHAT ALL DOES IT ENTAIL?
- Receive a certificate and be recognized in front of the MSSA Membership during SignConnexion 2019 at Ross Bridge Golf & Spa Resort, Birmingham, AL on Friday, July 26th. (One nights expenses reimbursed by MSSA + Free Conference Registration)
- Participate in an introduction conference call in August of 2019.
- Participate in an all-day training session during the Elevate Leadership Coaching Summit 2019 at the famous Hotel Monteleone, New Orleans, Louisiana on November 5. (Two nights hotel expenses reimbursed by MSSA + Free Conference Registration)
- Participate in an all-day training session during Idea Exchange 2020 at the Hilton Garden Inn, Meridian, MS on Thursday, February 20. (Three nights hotel expenses reimbursed by MSSA + Free Conference Registration)
- Be active on the MSSA Elite Committee plus assign committee responsibilities.
- Work as a committee on a task set forth by the MSSA Board of Directors.
- Committee is expected to meet bi-weekly throughout the year via conference call and email.
- Present the results of the Elite Committee’s task to the MSSA Board of Directors during the Idea Exchange 2020 Board Meeting on February 21.
- Receive an award and recognition at the awards dinner during SignConnexion 2020 at the Downtown Marriott, Chattanooga, TN on Friday, July 31.
- Upon completion, you will receive a ribbon to wear on your name badge at all future MSSA conferences & conventions identifying you as an MSSA Elite Alumni!
HOW TO APPLY?
- Complete the MSSA Elite Class Application Form
- Complete and sign the MSSA Elite Class Applicant Commitment Form. This must be signed by applicant and employer. If applicant is an owner of the company, no second signature is required.
- Compose a 500-word essay incorporating 3 of these 5 topics:
a. What do I hope to gain from this experience?
b. What are my best personal assets and how will I implement them to improve our industry?
c. What leadership experience have I had and why am I qualified for this program?
d. What leader (coach, teacher, parent, sibling, friend, coworker, manager, author, historical figure, etc.) has had the greatest influence on my life and how?
e. How long have I been involved in MSSA and how has this influenced my career path?
- Return all of these via email to email@example.com no later than April 12, 2019.
** Member company of applicant must be current on dues and have a zero balance on any invoiced expenses. Only 1 applicant per company/per year. Applicants must be age 21 through 35 at time of application.
MSSA Elite Class applicants will be notified by April 20, 2019 of their selection status. The Leadership Development Committee is responsible for the selection of the MSSA Elite class size and requirements for participation. In the event, that there are more than 5 applicants, the Leadership Development Committee will select the class based on a scoring program.